Mental Health Care Provider (Case Manager)
Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare is currently recruiting for a Mental Health Care Provider (Case Manager) to provide case management services to clients and their families with acute, chronic or serious mental illness. Involves contact with local and state agencies, medical providers, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, county departments, law enforcement agencies and individuals.
Specific duties include but are not limited to: Supports clients in their efforts to engage with and enter mental health services. Educates clients about available mental health services, and OBHC’s strength-based, client-centered treatment approach;
- Supports clients in exploring and identifying: their skills, strengths and available resources; their primary treatment goals and objectives; the barriers that are currently impacting the attainment of the identified treatment goals and objectives;
- Immediately refer person to Crisis Response Services if person is presenting with suicidal, homicidal or psychosis;
- Review treatment plans with assigned Mental Health Professional to identify specific needs for case management initially and on then on a regular basis to discuss progress on goals;
- Provides case management, per the client’s current treatment plan, to clients individually, and/or with the client’s support system;
- Identify, discuss, encourage and practice with clients the skills that have been introduced in individual service sessions and in skills group;
- Assists with client’s transportation needs;
- Supports client’s engagement and collaboration with community resources and other organizations as necessary;
- Documents clearly and accurately all interactions relating to client care;
- Assists clients to obtain eligibility for financial assistance;
- Completes medication tracking, notes client’s concerns related to their medications, and possible medication side effects;
- Educates and supports clients in collaboration with Mental Health Professional, medical providers and pharmacies;
Employee benefits Include:
- 100% Paid Medical and Dental Insurance Premium
- 100% Paid Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital Indemnity Coverage Premium
- Air Ambulance Coverage
- Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan with Employer Match
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- $50,000 Employer Provided Life Insurance
Starting wage $18.00 per hour.
Position may require some occasional variable hours and moderate travel. Required qualifications: Associate's or Bachelor's degree, 2 years minimum experience working in the mental health or related field. Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, be proficient with computers and possess a high degree of ethics and integrity. Valid Washington Driver’s License required. Send cover letter and resume to: Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare ATTN: Human Resources -1007 Koala Dr. Omak, WA 98841 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. OBHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an authorized vaccine.
Job Status: Full Time